Organization and Operation
- IEEE/IEEE-SA/PES relationship to SPDC
- SPDC Organisation
- Procedural Documents
- Sub-Committee Scopes
- High Voltage Standards Working Group Scopes
- High Voltage Guide Working Group Scopes
- High Voltage Neutral Grounding Devices Working Group Scopes
- Low Voltage Surge Protective Device Working Groups
- Low Voltage Surge Protective Component Working Groups
- Low Voltage Guide Working Groups
- Administration Sub-Committee Working Group Scopes
- Member awards & tributes
- Contact us
- Organization and Operation
Meetings & News
- 2017 Fall SPDC Meeting
- SPDC WebStore
- Plenary minutes
- SPDC Newsletter
- Admin. Log
- SPDC 2005-10_Fall-Meeting
- SPDC 2006-05_Spring-Meeting
- PES 2006-06 Meeting
- SPDC 2006-10_Fall-Meeting
- SPDC 2007-05_Spring-Meeting
- SPDC 2007-10_Fall-Meeting
- SPDC 2008-05_Spring-Meeting
- SPDC 2008-11_Fall-Meeting
- SPDC 2009-05 Spring Meeting
- SPDC 2009-10 Fall Meeing
- SPDC 2010-11_Fall-Meeting
- SPDC 2011-05_Spring-Meeting
- SPDC 2011-10_Fall-Meeting
- SPDC 2012-11 Fall-Meeting
- SPDC 2013-05 Spring Meeting
- YouTube Protection Videos
- New NEMA page
As the voice for the electrical and medical imaging industries, NEMA is a pacesetting champion for safety, innovation, interoperability, environment, and market enhancement through advocacy, business information, and technical standards for products, systems, and technologies.
NEMA’s Low Voltage Surge Protective Devices (SPD) Section is dedicated to the education and support of the benefits and proper application of surge protection to all users of for low voltage electrical equipment.
Section activities focus on low-voltage power, control and communications systems:
- For surge suppression on circuits rated 1000 Vac (RMS) and below.
- For surge suppression on circuits rated 1500 Vdc and below.
These devices include components, modules, assemblies, or hybrid circuits comprised of active or passive elements (linear or non-linear) or any combination of these elements, packaged to divert, clamp, filter or in any other way limit surge voltages.
NEMA SURGE PROTECTION INSTITUTE
The NEMA Surge Protection Institute is an educational outreach effort initiated by the Low Voltage Surge Protective Devices Section.
In the Institute’s recent survey of maintenance and facilities managers respondents revealed that nearly 95% of those who reported having experienced a surge event resulting in equipment damage indicated that they subsequently purchased surge protection. Virtually all of those who did so, purchased immediately or within three months.
Learn more at www.nemasurge.org/survey
Don’t wait for damage to happen. Be proactive. Visit www.nemasurge.com
Or contact one of the NEMA SPD manufacturers listed below for more information.
|Legrand||Space Age Electronics|
|Leviton||Surge Suppression Incorporated|
|Littelfuse||Thomas & Betts- A Member of the ABB Group|